February 6, 2007

Get Well Soon, Jack


It's a weird day; a lot going on with dependents and procreation around us. We were suppossed to go to an IVF seminar this evening but cancelled. It's just a slide show our clinic wants everyone to see so they know we've all had the major overview and key questions answered. I feel like I'm already over educated on that topic anyway so I don't think I'm missing anything. Instead I agreed to babysit my one and a half year old nephew tonight while his mom goes to her daughter's dance recital. I'm happy to trade in time with a real live babe for slides of 5 celled embryos over cold pizza.

Also today, we had to drop off our dependent, our dog Jack, for surgery. The poor guy hasn't been able to eat for a few days and didn't get better after being on an IV over the weekend. We don't know what's wrong with him, so in he goes for exploratory surgery. I'm anxiously awaiting the results this afternoon, but he probably won't be back home for a couple of days. It's a little empty around here without him.

Meanwhile, other friends are waiting for news of their own. Today we found out that J's cousin is having a baby girl, and another good friend hopes to find out the gender of her baby in a few days. A cycle buddy goes in for ER tomorrow. I know there are conceptions and births and illness and (gulp) deaths going on everywhere, every minute of every day, but it's just interesting when they all seem to collide in your life in one day. Get well soon, puppy! You're only four years old, your circle of life is not complete.

1 comment:

Baby Blues said...

Hi Sarah! I'm sorry to hear about Jack. I love dogs and it's really difficult when they get sick. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for dropping by. I really find it liberating to be out of the closet. Not totally, but to have some family over and take a glimpse is comforting. We need all the support we could get.

We've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility too which makes it so frustrating. You'd think science could explain everything! I hope this cycle works for you. I'll be checking on you often. Good luck!