February 20, 2007

I Win!

Somehow I managed to drag myself to the clinic this morning for my lupron check. It was seriously a struggle; my slight touch of a cold has grown into a monster, but I made it there and back. I was called back to phlebotomy right away which was a relief because I was trying very hard not to sneeze and cough all over the waiting room.

The ultrasound was fine. Lining thin, 15 antral follies, all nice and quiet. No cysts, yay! (I had several IUI cycles cancelled due to cysts back in '05). I waited for the nurse to call with instructions to start stims. Bloodwork was fine. She told me they were pushing me back a day, so I won't start stims until tomorrow evening. Why? "We have too many patients starting on the same day" she tells me. She explained that when they need to hold someone back, they hold the person who's profile currently looks the best, "And you won that contest," she says. Hurray, I never win anything! Certainly not in the fertility arena. I asked her what made my profile so winning, she tells me: my age, lack of known problematic condition, number of initial follicles, bloodwork results. Probably this just means I am the youngest of the three people ready to start stims tonight, but still I'm enjoying being a winner for a change.

5 comments:

Bumble said...

Hooray, congrats on winning - its about time we all won something hey! This cycle sounds very promising, hope you win at the end of it too!

Baby Blues said...

And I hope you come out of this cycle a winner! Rooting for you!

Mands said...

You're the best! No, really, you are! Hopefully you'll win a BFP too!

Valerie said...

Woohoo nothing like winning something. I will be checking back regularly, it will be nice to have someone to cycle with.

My Reality said...

Well, congrats on that win!

And 15 antral follicles is fantastic. I hope to have 6. Want to share some of them?