February 16, 2007

Lupron, Blah Blah Blah

I just took my fourth Lupron shot this morning and last night I had my last BCP. So far I haven't had any side effects from the Lupron, but maybe I just haven't been on it long enough. I've had several side effects from the BCPs: very sore boobs, an irrationally short temper, general crankiness. Basically just like extra-intense PMS, which makes sense. Now that the BCPs are done, I'm just hanging out waiting for AF to show up so I can go get checked out and approved to continue with stims sometime next week. Basically I have nothing to say aboput the Lupron. The shots are virtually painless and so far no symptoms.

I seem to have come down with some kind of chest cold though, so I'm hoping I can keep it in check and that it doesn't become something worse that could cause me to need antibiotics and/or to have to cancel the cycle. Hopefully it's just a little thing that will go away in a few days.

One thing I'm looking forward to: Jack (the dog) gets his stitches out Monday. He's recovering great and seems to be back to his old self. YAY!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, just to ease your mind a bit... I had a nasty nasty sinus infection that started a few days before egg retrieval and lasted several days into the 2ww. I started antibiotics the day of transfer. And, as you know, this cycle worked for me.
So, don't worry too much.
Glad the lupron isn't messing with you!

My Reality said...

I am doing a short protocol, so I don't get to experience Lupron or any supression drug until later in my cycle. I am happy about that, because the supression drugs give me major headaches.

I hope the cold goes away and I am glad Jack is feeling better!

Baby Blues said...

If it's just a beginning chest cold, I usually take mega doses of 1000mg Vitamin C to boost my immune system. Take it easy so it doesn't get worse.