February 26, 2007

Making Tracks

The cycle is going along just fine. As much of a pain as it is to have to go in for daily monitoring, it is nice to have something going on every day. I dread the 2ww, assuming I make it that far. If things keep on track, it will be here before I know it, probably by the weekend.

At Saturday's check, they found five follies on each side, all smaller than 10mm. But today they saw seven on each side, the largest of which is already about 17mm (only five per side were large enough to measure, so the rest probably won't catch up in time). I was really relieved. I didn't always respond well to the injectables for IUI, and I remember there being a lot of adjustments. This time we seem to be on the right track with the meds* from the beginning.

And speaking of tracks, check out the track marks on my belly! I knew there might be little bruises, but I wasn't expecting all those little puncture holes! For those considering moving on to IVF: do not be alarmed! It looks much worse than it feels. None of these belly shots have hurt at all. And other side effects have been really minimal too. I'm definitely a little more emotional, but not much more than a PMS week. I am certainly nothing like the evil bitch I was on Clomid. I'm not looking forward to the PIO shots, but everything up to this point has been really easy. The scariest part is the idea of failing (so I just don't get my hopes up), and of course if it should work, my gigantic fear of miscarrying.

*My meds schedule:
Lupron: 20iu daily during supression, reduced to 5 iu/day during stim
Follistim: 150iu each morning, 75iu each evening
Menopur: 75iu each evening

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, gosh! I'm glad you said that it looks worse than it feels... I was really scared for you when I first saw the picture. I never had anything like that. Is it the Menopur? I never had to do that...
Hang in there...

Bumble said...

Ooooh Sarah, your tummy looks sore!! I hope its not... So is supression the same as a down reg. cycle then? Do you give your own shots? I might do the tummy when I start Gonal F because I've heard you respond a bit better. I never responded well with the IUI, still only 1 follie worth its salt after 112iu Gonal F, so its good to hear that its better for IVF. I'm holding thumbs for you, hope the bruising doesn't get worse... x

Susan said...

By the way, just wanted to thank you for your comment on my "Evolution" post... about the women still in the trenches holding onto the "graduates" with fondness. I needed to hear that.

Sara said...

Wow! Your battlescars are impressive. My bruises were nowhere near that bad. I wonder if it's the different meds, or just different bellies. I'm glad to hear that they aren't too sore, and that you're not having horrible side effects, anyway. Your response sounds really good, so hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. Good luck!

Valerie said...

Yup my tummy looks like that too. I might have to document it for my blog as well. I am hoping for ER sometime this week. Any idea when yours will be yet?

Watson said...

That certainly looks painful as hell, so I'm glad you mentioned that although it might look bad, it's not...I've only been doing the shots for 2 nights so I guess I have a loooong way to go!

Best of luck with everything this cycle.

Debbie said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I appreciate it.

I was on Follistim during the last 2 IUI tries and my belly had bruises but not that many! I'm glad it looks worse then it is.

I will be routing for you this round.

Go get em!

Baby Blues said...

That's what I call "ART hickeys" or "ART love bites". All part of our ART foreplay. Isn't in fun?

Good luck!

K77 said...

Ouch! That's the kind of look that'll go well with my lap scars. Can't wait.