February 12, 2007

Vacation's Over


I'm back from Vegas and back to work. Back to the cycle reality too. Tomorrow I start the Lupron shots. It's funny how I feel like the IVF cycle is so close and so far away at the same time.

I'm going to try to go get a pedicure today. I remember getting pedicures back when we were doing the IUI's, carefully picking out a color that seemed "maternal." As if they might think I was unfit for motherhood if they spotted some slutty toe color in the stirrups, and maybe the doc would not put as much effort into squirting the juice in the perfect spot. I felt very silly about trying to pick out a "good" color back then, and I can't believe I found myself thinking about it again this morning...maybe a nice soft pink? I know how ridiculous it is, but I can't help it. Maybe I should pick something with hot pink glitter.

5 comments:

My Reality said...

I like the pink polish in the middle on the bottom row. If you know what it is called, let me know!

I don't really think it matters what colour you pick, as long as there is a pedicure involved. I plan on going to the spa before I start my stims.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I will be back to check how you are doing with your cycle. I am glad to hear Jack is recovering well. I hope he is still doing well!

Debbie said...

The pedicure thing is not ridicuous at all. I do silly little things like that too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's been a gret place for me to get out my feelings and get feedback from other ladies going through the same situation.

I wish you best of luck!

Watson said...

Hey thanks for your comment!

You will be my role model for the Lupron since you're a few weeks ahead of me :-)
Good luck with this cycle.

I hope your doggie is feeling better!

-Watson

Baby Blues said...

Aside from a pedicure, I even make sure I've done some waxing before getting on the stirrups. I feel so exposed on the stirrups, so I guess getting ready for it makes sense. I'd go for pink. :-)

Sarah said...

i went with OPI's Peru-B-Ruby. Love it!