February 28, 2007

Wacky Wednesday


Remember that book Wacky Wednesday? The Dr. Seuss book where the kid wakes up on a Wednesday and there's just a lot of wacky things going on, like a tree growing on the roof of the house? It's kind of been like that at the clinic lately, I can find something wrong every day.

Saturday, there was no drape for me after I undressed. No problem, I know which cabinet they're in now. I helped myself.

Monday I thought it was a little off that they had the GoodHousekeeping with beaming and pregnant Marcia Cross on the cover. Seeing things like that doesn't bother me at all and I know Marcia reportedly conceived through IVF, but still think of all the women in the waiting room who just don't want to see that after their last BFN.

Then Tuesday there was a Time Magazine with a story about abortion and a cover picture showing models of tiny embryos at various stages. Umm, who thought this was a good idea for a fertility clinic waiting room? I noticed the address label was cut out. Probably so some deranged infertile doesn't come hunt them down and kill them for leaving this shit in the waiting room.

So today I noticed that a print I happen to like, called Sea Battle by Wassily Kandinsky, was hanging upside down in the waiting room. It's abstract, so perhaps if you didn't know the painting you wouldn't realize it was upside down, but to me there is quite clearly a sea battle going on if you look at it right side up. Still I can see how it could get turned around, except that I noticed when I went back to phlebotomy, they had another print of the same painting, this time with a border at the bottom naming an exhibition, which made it clear which way it should be hung. (I've obviously spent too much time sitting around the waiting room lately.)

I just thought it was funny. Aside from the fact that they could be a little more thoughtful about the reading material in the waiting room, I love my clinic and they get all the really important stuff right.

Follicle check today looks about the same. About seven follies per side with several on the right in the 19-20mm range. Five on the left are more like 15-17mm. This is virutally the same as yesterday, so I am NOT triggering tonight. Probably tomorrow with retrieval on Saturday.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

The other morning I noticed a copy of Parents magazine and the good housekeeping one you were talking about as well as fit pregnancy etc. Now it doesn't bother me but I can see how it would bother some people. I am so excited we are cycle buddies. It will be nice to have someone to share the 2WW with. Does your clinic do IM HCG or subQ? Mine was SubQ and it was a piece of cake. Good luck!!!!

My Reality said...

I think I would be happy to see a magazine in my clinic that published in the last year. I am sick and tired of seeing magazines from 2002 & 2003.

Your follies are doing great!

Baby Blues said...

We usually bring our own reading material. You don't know how long you're going to wait.

Mands said...

That is wacky! In my docs exam room, he has this sort of jungle scene painted above the bed, which is also pretty wack, but at least I have something to keep me distracted! Holding thumbs that your retrieval goes well.