March 30, 2007

Happy Friday

Baby Blues recently posted her tarot card reading, which seemed, at the very least, entertaining. Waiting around for Monday's scan is tiresome, and checking out what's happening in the blogosphere every two minutes is not making it go by any faster. So I decided to try this (very silly) online tarot reading:

You Are The High Priestess

You represent mystery - secrets that are yet to be revealed. You find yourself sitting between two worlds: one dark, one light. You tend to hold these two worlds in balance, reconciling the two. Open and welcoming, you invite others to learn your secrets.

Your fortune:
Something hidden, or latent, in your life is about to come forward. You need to pay more attention to your dreams, thoughts, intuition, and imagination. And if that involves tapping into your dark side, it will all balance out in the end. You have a lot of potential dying to be unleashed, so let those gates open!


Many of you have commented on how I balance staying positive with where things are today while keeping hopes in check, expectations low, and remaining aware of the many outcomes this cycle could still have. It is not an approach I have cultivated. It's not what I try to do. It's just my reality. It's where my journey has brought me so far. I guess it's just the coping mechanism that was turned on at some point over the last four and half years. I am the high priestess. I am all about balance. (Coincidentally, I am also a Libra, suppossedly the sign of balance).

........................................................

Well crap, I couldn't just stop at one, not after I saw this quiz thingy:

You Will Be a Cool Parent

You seem to naturally know a lot about parenting, and you know what kids need. You can tell when it's time to let kids off the hook, and when it's time to lay down the law. While your parenting is modern and hip, it's not over the top. You know that there's nothing cool about a parent who acts like a teenager... or a drill sergeant!


I'm so glad the blogthings approve. Flattering as the result is, I have to say there were absolutely no questions in this quiz representing serious parenting challenges. Hilariously, the very first question is: "Let's say you're in your 40s with teenage kids. How do you imagine yourself dressing on the weekends?" Hahahahahahaha!!! I'm hoping to have teens by the time I'm in my 60's.

And by the way, my pimp name is Sexxie Trickz.

Happy Friday, y'all.

5 comments:

Foxy said...

I'm Disco Dazzle......I LOVE IT!!!!!!

okay, I promise to get off the computer soon, but I just did the pimp name again, and I am "Nurse Big Spenda"......laughing my ass off!!!!!!!

Watson said...

Hey Sexxie Trickz,

Good luck on Monday!!!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Artblog said...

I did that once, bit of silly harmless fun, cant remember which one I got!

Good luck for Mondays scan :)

RTTguapa said...

too funny - the things we do to stay busy or get distracted.

keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Bumble said...

Oooh scary... first I was DEATH (which symbolises new life?). Then I clicked back and forward again and it changed to the Priestess, then Wheel of Fortune. All three mean big things are happening, let go of the past, new beginnings etc. Hope today goes well...!