March 1, 2007

The Icing


Well you guys will be glad to know that when the nurse called with my trigger instructions, I whined about the intramuscular hcg shot and she gave me an ovidrel prescription instead, so I just had one last belly shot last night and am enjoying my day off! No shots, no appointments, until ER at 9:45 tomorrow morning.

While waiting around for that, I came across this:
An initiative has been introduced in the U.S. state of Washington that would require a married couple to have children within three years, or else their marriage would become void.

This is not meant to be taken seriously, but rather to point out the flaws in the arguments against gay marriage, and by having the law striken as unconsitutional, support the legal case for gay marriage rights. As the founder of the group supporting the measure puts it:

‘For many years, social conservatives have claimed that marriage exists solely for the purpose of procreation. The time has come for these conservatives to be dosed with their own medicine. If same-sex couples should be barred from marriage because they can not have children together, it follows that all couples who cannot or will not have children together should equally be barred from marriage.’

I'm sure I'll offend some people with my very strong stance in favor of gay marriage rights, but I actually find this whole idea HILARIOUS. It's just the icing on my gigantic, many-layered, sloppy, gloppy, fertility cake.

Hmm...donuts, ice cream, cake... does anyone else notice a theme in my post pics?

7 comments:

Kate said...

Those pictures are making me drool... I am totally getting some ice cream today. Or cake. For lunch!

I am with you on gay marriage rights. 100%.

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Also wanted to thank you for stopping by and offering your words of support. And yes, we do share the same city.

Baby Blues said...

Let me guess, your theme was "Things that make us go drool". Well, it works! A picture of Orlando Bloom would also help. :-)

Saw that report in CNN. I just learned that a very good childhood friend, Kevin, is gay. It totally changed my perspective. And yes I would support it.

Reproductive Jeans said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog--I am going to add you to my "strength" list if that is OK with you--I wish you the BEST with IVF, and look forward to reading more about your journey!

AshPash said...

Sarah: Sending many good wishes for a successful retrieval! So exciting! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Hope said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes, it does help to know sharing our stories can help others. Good luck to you, I'll be back to check in on you!

Valerie said...

Thankful that I live in Massachusetts where gay marriage is legal.....for now. hoping very much that it stays that way.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I have ET at 9:30 so we will both be busy around the same time.

Sara said...

I agree. Denying marriage rights to any couple that truly love each other on the basis of their sex is no less cruel than denying marriage rights to the infertile.

I'm in the munchy stage of the two week wait, so I'm going to have to start avoiding your blog, lest I gain 50 pounds. MMMMMmmmmm cake!