March 5, 2007

IRRITATING!

Okay I'm just going to bitch about this here so I don't have to go shove a box of baby dust up this girl's ass. Remember that annoying pregnant newbie I posted about a while ago? The girl who's pregnancy I am VERY happy for, but who is buggin the shit out of me with her lectures that I "just think positive and it will happen for me too!"

So when I told the buddy group on that board about my 12 fertilized embryos, she says to me:
I know that you're still nervous (I'M still nervous and I'm pregnant!), but think positive; seriously, if you say, "I'm going to be pregnant", you will feel so much better. You have to really try to believe it. I just know that you are going to be pregnant soon, I just know it. Really? How do you know?

And then in a whole 'nother annoying message before I even had time to see the first one:
I know it sounds crazy, but just say affirmations every day--"I AM pregnant!!!/OR "I AM going to be pregnant!" It helps SO much with keeping you positive--it's not good to be stressed out when you're trying to get pregnant, but you all already know that! Just stay positive; I know you don't want to get your hopes up, but be positive!! (smiley face, smiley face, another-frickin-stupid-smiley face)

Of course her signature line has a million little blinkies in it saying: 'BFP!!' and 'Preggo after IVF!!' and, in case no one noticed: 'I'm Pregnant!' Another one for her due date, a counter for days and weeks remaining. All SUPER cutesy. There's baby dust freaking EVERYwhere.
It's dumb how much this bugs me. I should just quit visiting the boards, but I feel some obligation to try to be helpful there because they were such a help to me in the beginning. I totally appreciate her positive thoughts, but I just can't stand people who preach to me and try to tell me what to think. I'm so glad she feels that her positive attitude helped her out, but my attitude is NOT the problem. And it's not like I'm all stressed out or gloomy about it. For me, it just helps to keep a healthy dose of reality.

Ugh, whatever. I'm over it. I just had to rant here before I posted some nasty reply back to her.

In other news, we have a new blogger to welcome, please visit conflicted, who seems to be similarly unfond of the boards.

13 comments:

Watson said...

GAWD.

If (WHEN! *Thinking positive*) I ever get pregnant, and I suddenly revert to lame-ass message board mentality, you have permission to come to my house and kick me in the ovaries.

The baby dust, the crazy acronyms and those stupid TAG things...gag!

In other news, congrats on the 12 embies, I am wishing you well for transfer!!

Valerie said...

I agree thinking positive is not going to get you or keep you pregnant. I can not stand people who even after going through IF act like asshats as soon as they get those double lines. What boards do you post on??

Ciao Baby said...

Blech!!! People like that make me want to vomit!!! I hate the cutesy thing. If positive thinking was all it took then we would all be pregnant.

Susan said...

good grief, if this woman says "positive" one more time I am going to POSITIVELY hunt her down and POSITIVELY tie her to a chair and force her to stare at her own "blinkies" until she goes POSITIVELY mad.
Get off those boards, girl.

Bumble said...

Excuse me while I puke up a lung. Thats exactly why I've stopped going to the board I used to visit every day. Dammit, I just can't take all those happy, fluffy BFPers! One is now pg with TWINS naturally, and her other baby is only 10 months old "Oh poor me, what am I going to do, 3 in 1.5 years, boo hoo.". Aaargh!

If that woman went through IVF, she really should know better than trying to tell you how to feel. Cut out poisonous people from your life, you don't need them!

Marie-Baguette said...

avoid that stupid tart. Fertiles can be annoying but I did not know that infertiles becoming pregnant could be that aggravating. Good luck with everything

Baby Blues said...

Annnoying! Sorry you had to deal with that. I don't know what's worse, tactless fertiles or tactless infertiles who got pregnant. Sometimes even if you mean well, saying too much could be aggravating. Saying nothing, or keeping comments short, actually says more.

jacked up said...

I am so glad you said that. I have been struggling with the whole positive attitude crap too. I just think shit happens and it doesn't matter that you didn't say your daily positive affirmations every day. Honestly, I feel more positive now, especially after reading through Watson's past posts and laughing my ass off even as I tried to fall asleep last night, than I ever have trying to be positive.

My sister-in-law, who just announced she is pregnant, told my mother-in-law that she just "knows this is going to work for us" (meaning IVF for me and my man) and it pissed me off!!!

Sorry, kind of long for a comment.

Kate said...

Dear Lord, I want to hunt her down and smack her over the head. Has her experience taught her NOTHING? I do think she is an exception though. Most IF-ers who have crossed over to pregnancy seem to have a really good head on their shoulders and a sharp memory of what it was like on the other side. And OMG, does she really type in purple? Cuz that's just icing on the cake.

Good luck on the transfer tomorrow (or Friday).

Sarah said...

mos def, the VAST majority of pregnant infertiles remain fabulous supporters. they ever-so-gently give us reason to be hopeful without shoving positivity in our faces.

Sticky Bun said...

That is the WORST! You'd think someone who had been through some IF would be more sensitive!

K77 said...

What is wrong with some people? Maybe it's not just PIO in her ass. People like that just make me want to slap them. Really really hard. With anything resembling a bat. Or maybe a brick.

Buchiko said...

Arrggghhh .. how many times do you have to say "I'm pregnant" to let other people know that you are?!?! Did she not learn anything from her past experience?? Don't mind her sweetie. I'm sorry you had to go through that.