March 9, 2007

May The Force Be With Us

Well we transferred two in and it went fine. Of the nine embryos, only five had made it to blastocyst today. A few stopped growing but some others may get there a little slower. None are currently suitable for freezing, but they'll keep watching them and I'll find out Monday if any made it to freezable quality (a la Han Solo).

It's kind of disappointing to hear there might not be any to freeze after such positive reports about the nine over the past few days, but it just makes me feel even better that we were able to do the 5 day transfer and have a chance to see which ones are strongest.

Also I didn't realize that Assisted Hatching was standard protocol after a rescue ICSI. I assume they do this in case the problem that caused the eggs not to fertilize to begin with would prevent the embryos from hatching as they should on day 6 (tomorrow), which needs to happen before they can implant.

Thank you all so much for your support and well wishes. I hope my embryos are as good to me as you all have been! Beta is on 3/21.

14 comments:

Lil sis kate said...

Fist of all, love the pic...perf as always! Glad the transfer went smoothly. Now you just wait for the test? I hope you are able to enjoy a day of rest.

Kate said...

3/21 sounds like a perfect beta day. I found out I was pregnant with Child four years ago on 3/21. I hope you get the same wonderful news--or even BETTER news if both embies stick around!

dark ages said...

Holding you and the embies in my heart, knowing how unbearable this wait must be for you and J. In awe of you and how you're holding up, knowing it's a life-changing journey, wishing it were easier. Grow little ones, grow! You're in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

Valerie said...

3/21? Why in the hell does that seem so far away? Oh I know because it is. Glad you got 2 put back, I am hoping they both stick around for good. Aren't you glad you get to join me in that evil 2ww now? Rest and let's those blasts burrow in.

Watson said...

Congrats on the transfer!

I am sending you good thoughts for a speedy couple of weeks and a fabulous Beta result.

xoxo

Colleen said...

So happy to hear everything went well today. I am keeping you and J in my thoughts!!!! :)

RTTguapa said...

sounds really exciting.
stay positive and good luck!!

My Reality said...

I am glad the transfer went well. I hope they are getting comfy in there!

Sara said...

I'm glad that everything went well, and hope that some of your remaining embryos make it to the deep freeze.

I also hope that the next two weeks pass very quickly for you. Good luck!

K77 said...

Wishing you and your lovely blasts well!

Baby Blues said...

Wishing for good beta! Good luck.

AshPash said...

Sarah: Sending good wishes that those little embies dig in! Will hang with you during the 2WW and am looking forward to a BFP.

Rachel said...

Best of luck to you. Hope your 2ww goes quickly.

peep: formerly known as jacked up said...

Congratulations! It is such a good feeling to make it this far. I'll be right there with you on 3/21!! I hope you have a restful and anxiety-free week!