March 17, 2007

Not So Good

1. My cycle buddy Val had her Beta yesterday. BFN. She was expecting it, but it's sad nonetheless.

2. I know I am suppossed to stay away from Dr. Google, but I found another study yesterday about our rescue ICSI situation, this one conducted and published by my clinic. The live birth rate was 7%. At first I was a little excited, because this is way higher than the less than 1% I was finding elsewhere, but then I realized how silly it is to be excited about 7% odds.

3. I had been thinking this cycle was going pretty well as far as side effects (especially those nasty psycho emotional ones). Until now. I guess it is the progesterone and estrogen stage that gets to me more than the stims. Or maybe it is the evil 2ww.

4. I'm 7dp6dt and I'm ready to trade in my nightly PIO shots for a shot of something else. Let's make it Jameson's for St. Patrick's Day.

Oh and one last thing, can anyone please tell me if I am the only idiot in blogland who sometimes has to enter those little verification letters like 3 or 4 times before I get it right and my comment is accepted??

9 comments:

Kate said...

It ain't over till it's over, Sarah. 7% is still a chance. Remember that scene in Dumb and Dumber, where Jim Carey asks the girl if his chances of dating her are one in a million--and she says, "More like one in a billion." And he gets this huge smile and says, "So you're telling me there's a chance!" I'm just sayin'--there's a chance!

Thank you for your comment on my blog today. I tried to find your e-mail to say thanks, but couldn't find it. I really, really appreciate it.

Valerie said...

7% is great compared to 1%. Anyway you know you are PUPO in my book. I owe you a drink for the one you sent me but hopefully you won't be able to drink it for a long long time. Oh yeah stay away from DR. G he is evil!!!

Tam said...

Hey Hey there Madam G, keep that chin up. I agree, 7% is still a chance, you never know. Still in my prayers and thoughts...

Sticky Bun said...

So, here's my thought: Since we're all here because we fall into the minuscule percent of people with the issues we have, I'm hoping that you'll fall into that "small percent club" here as well.

And, for what it's worth--and I promise not to Pollyanna out on you here--with some of my IF treatment experience, Dr. Google's information has been fantastically wrong--or at least the opposite of what the team of REs at my clinic tell me. With so many of our issues, I'm just beginning to feel that the chance of something working or not is so dependent on your own personal circumstances that most stats are really less than helpful. So, I'll be hoping for you.

Wishing you a speedier remainder to your 2ww! (and, yes, sometimes it takes me 2-3 times to get the letters right. And, yes, it always kind of makes me feel like an idiot.) :-)

Baby Blues said...

When I hear someone getting a BFN, I feel their pain. We've all been there and it's just sad.

Yes, sometimes the verification letters are just too long or distorted. I usually enter the letters twice.

Hoping for good news at the end of your 2ww!

Rachel said...

Your beta day is coming soon! I'm totally obsessed with Dr. Google -- I look everything up, get depressed and then cry. But then I force myself to shake it off knowing I just have no control (or someone says something to make me feel a bit better. Of course, I freak out again later, but what can we do?

Don't kill me for asking this, but how can you not poas? 7dp6dt = 13 dpo = poas time. Am I just insane? Do you not want to know until beta?

I'm constantly thinking about when I will allow myself to poas after my transfer. I know, I am insane.

Sara said...

Try to remember that 7% is the average for all of the patients, not a predictor specific to your situation. You had a great egg haul and nice embryos, so your actual chances may be a lot better than that. Good luck!

About entering the little numbers 3 or 4 times, you're not the only one. I think I must make a lot of errors, and they make me repeat it until I get it right. How annoying!

K77 said...

Nope, not the only idiot ;)

Hope you fall into the minority this time around.

Watson said...

Sorry to hear about your cycle buddy...

Hang in there for the remainder of your 2ww, I am keeping everything crossed for you!