March 14, 2007

Shuffling through the Wait

Okay, I've come up with a lighter way to pass the wait than obsessively googling. Anyone else out there who is in serious denial about their age and, like me, has a myspace page has seen this before. I present the infertility version of the shuffle game. What you do is set your music player to shuffle. Skip through your randomized playlist, and each consecutive song that comes up is the answer to the following questions in order. I tried to get inspiration from some of the recent topics in blogland, but I'm sure someone else out there can come up with some better questions:

1. The song for the you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility:
When You Were Mine - Prince (ha! before my RE owned me)

2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
I'll Be Home for Christmas - Doris Day (nostalgic, i guess?)

3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
Boogie on Reggae Woman - Stevie Wonder (I wouldn't say I was all that enthusiastic)

4. What did infertility do to your sex life?
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate (by the way, this is the "I believe in miracles" song - not so much!!!!)

5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
Saturday Night Fish Fry - Louie Jordan (ooh, i haven't tried that one yet)

6. How about "alternative" treatments, from cough syrup and pineapple to accupuncture and 'body workers'?
Cash Machine - Hard-Fi (haha, waste of money? btw, this is that song about the guy who accidentally knocks up his GF but he can't handle the responsibility so he abandons her. NICE. this was definitely meant for somone else's fertility playlist.)

7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet?
The Humpty Dance - Digital Underground (i guess that fits, i've been much more public about it lately. kind of embarrassing that i have this in my itunes though)

8. Your song for other people's baby showers:
Chocolate - Snow Patrol (eat lots of chocolate and you'll be fine)

9. What about our scary friend hope?
Someday - Shawn Colvin (still scary)

10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey:
Do That Stuff - Parliament Funkadelic (song about people partying on a hill while waiting for the A-bomb? Do that stuff, just do that stuff. Gotta get more of that funky stuff. No idea what this means, but i like it)

I swear I did not cheat on any of them. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with, so feel free to copy and repost with your own songs. Y'all don't mind if I do this 15 more times during the 2ww do you?

9 comments:

Reproductive Jeans said...

That's awesome! I will have to try that when I get home=)

Watson said...

LOVE IT!

I'll try it during my 2ww too, just to help from going insane.

PS Love the Cash Machine hit, so perfect :-)

Baby Blues said...

I'll give it a try too! Things we think up when we're in the 2ww amazes me. Anxiety induced creativity! :-)
Hang in there!

Valerie said...

I would do it but unfortunately my brain has stopped functioning tonight.

Sticky Bun said...

1. There is NO shame in having the Humpty Dance on your iTunes.

2. You are my hero for giving me something else to focus on during this 2ww. I'm so doing this. :-)

Debbie said...

That is so funny, I love it. Thanks for the advice on my blog, I apprecaite it very much.

Ok, I'll have to try this...

RTTguapa said...

cute idea!
i love putting a soundtrack to my life.

calliope said...

just found you through a series of links (after I had to do this meme myself) figured I better give the original author a thanks for the time diversion!

natural fertility said...

This could somehow be helpful in a lot of people including you. There could be a lot of question on your mind while waiting. It good to have us think on what are the possible songs that could fit us. In case you have fertility concerns, I found this site that maybe helpful. http://www.natural-fertility-prescription.com