March 5, 2007

Still in the Game

So, with the rescue ICSI, 12 of the 16 remaining viable eggs fertilized. So far no grading or word on quality; we'll hear more tomorrow. Day 1 is pushed back to today, so, if things continue to go well, we're looking at transfer on Wednesday or Friday.

My fears about the chromosomal abnormalities that can occur with ICSI were probably unwarranted. Those problems have really only been observed when severe male factor issues are present, and since all of our SA's have been very good so far, there doesn't seem to be reason to be concerned. Still I can't help thinking there must be something wrong with those boys if they didn't do their job, right?

I'm just gonna try to be happy about my 12 embies for now.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

So happy to hear 12 fertilized. I am hoping and praying that you get some good quality embies outta those. Can wait to hear the report later.

LilSisKate said...

Are those your actual pics?? If so that is the coolest thing ever.

Sarah said...

no those are not my actual pics, if you click on them you'll go to the website where i stole them.

Kate said...

So relieved that you got 12 still going. Can't wait to read the next update. I'll be thinking of you.

Ciao Baby said...

Glad to hear that your embies are progressing. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. Keep us posted on embie updates. Good Luck!!!!

Valerie said...

Sarah do you have yahoo messenger or msn messenger? I would love to chat with you online or even email me. So far I have been laying down for the PIO shots. Maybe try doing that. As for not POAS before beta I just don't see it happening for me. BTW yahoo name is terrellsmomma

Bumble said...

Yahoo Sarah, 12 is great! Congrats! I'm so happy the rescue ICSI worked. My clinic doesn't do it, but maybe I should tell them they should, it obviously works!

Oh I'll comment seperately on your next post there...

Sara said...

That's fantastic! I'm so glad that the rescue ICSI worked and that you're still in the game.