March 6, 2007

Transfer Tomorrow (Maybe)

Sometimes my RE just needs to try to speak regular English. Here is my interpreation of today's report:

We still have 12 embryos. Most of them look pretty good. A few are not so good. A couple are excellent. At this point, she recommends transferring two in tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, if there are a "good number" that look "uniformly gorgeous" they may push me back to Friday, but for now we plan on transferring tomorrow. Right now there are not enough in the excellent category that they are confident saying we should wait for a 5dt. There were no firm grading categories or specific counts per category as some clinics seem to give. Which is fine, I understand this isn't a precise science.

So I'm happy. I had hoped to transfer on Friday just because the work week would have been easier (and the 2ww shorter), but this will be fine. I'm excited that she wants to transfer two, because she intially kept telling me that ideally they would only want to transfer one. I know this means she has slightly less confidence in them, but I just feel better about giving two a shot after everything it took to get the 12.

And of course we're glad we've still got our dozen eggs. Funnily enough, when we saw that lame movie, Cheaper by the Dozen, (embarassing, I know, it came on TV and we were too lazy to change the channel), J said something like: wouldn't it be cool to have 12 kids? This was, of course, BEFORE. But for today, he gets his wish.

8 comments:

dark ages said...

heartfelt support and admiration for all who take this journey; so much to wrap your brain around while keeping feet on the ground, hormones in check, life as usual; leaps of faith maternal instincts winning over doubt; you are brave and wonderful

Valerie said...

OMG I am so excited to hear that you will be transferring soon. you already know you are in my thoughts and so are your wonderful dozen.

Lil Sis Kate said...

Dude, you always find the MOST PERF pics for your posts! I hope everything goes well with the little eggies over the next few days. You be sure to let me know if you need anything!

jacked up said...

Wow! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sarahdee! Go Team Embie! You've got a large fan base already rooting for ya! Love you, darling child. Mom

Annoying Pregnant Newbie said...

Baby dust all around!!!

Bumble said...

Sarah, that sounds very promising lassie! 12 is just great. It means you also might have a few for the freezer which is so great. I'm holding everything for you this time though! Grow embies grow!

Oh, that comment above me... um, is it for real...?

Marie-Baguette said...

These are fantastic news! I wish you all the best for the transfer. And don't pay attention to egg grades. Lots of us got pregnant with not stellar embryos. In fact my very best embryos never stuck! It is great that you had the possibility to switch to ICSI, even though it must have been very stressful for you. I know it makes most people nervous because it is so high tech, but it works! Bonne chance!!!