March 21, 2007

Woohoo!!! *UPDATED*

Three things I'm happy about:

1) No more PIO shots! No matter what happens with Beta tomorrow, I've done my last PIO shot for this cycle. If it's positive, I switch to Crinone gel. My ass is so grateful.

2) I tested again this morning, just so I know before Beta if there's a fading line. It's still there, and it's a little darker. I'm still ridiculously nervous. I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight.

3) Your comments on my positive hpt were amazing. The whole thing feels so surreal and all the congratulations and encouragement have meant the world to me. I feel like I just keep thanking people and I hope it's not starting to sound trite, but I appreciate it more than I can tell you. Thank you all!

..........................................................
UPDATE:
My nurse just called with the beta. It's 512. Anything can still happen and she confirmed that the live birth rate with rescue ICSI is not great, but she was very optomistic about the beta. I checked betabase and this is just about the median for a singleton at this stage, though of course actual hcg levels vary enormously in women, so the more important factor is how much it increases in the next few days. I test again on Friday. If it looks good, my first scan would be April 2nd.

23 comments:

Bumble said...

Great news Sarah!!! Cant wait to hear what your numbers are! And yahoo on the end of those shots, they are NASTY!

Baby Blues said...

I'm still in awe and so very happy for you! Woohoo!

K77 said...

Yeah for Crinone and your ass.

Sticky Bun said...

Good luck tomorrow!! And so glad you're done with the shots! :-)

Kate said...

You know I will be hitting "refresh" all day today. For some reason, I can't add you to bloglines, so you will be getting annyoing repeat hits from me today. Can not wait to see those numbers.

ages said...

what a marvelous, remarkable womanly journey you're on; heart pounding with anticipation, love and support

andi said...

Fantastic news!! Best wishes to you.

Andi

Carol said...

That's great news! 512 is an excellent number. Congratulations! And congrats on no PIO - I had to do them for 10 weeks!

Kate said...

Awesome number, Sarah. Solid, beautiful, no questions asked number. Congrats! Now let the 48-hour wait begin.

Hopeful Mother said...

Great beta! Hoping for appropriate doubling!!

Chelle said...

Good for you!! Great beta wishes for your next test. And congrats again! :)

Your adoring mom said...

So is it okay to tell you now that last Thursday, out of the blue, I was suddenly struck with the very strong feeling, Ohmygosh! Sarah's pregnant! -- just like both times Kate was pregnant!!! I have been trying to keep my ecstatic joy to myself but now I can jump up and down (gently) with you!!!!

Watson said...

Congrats Sarah!

What wonderful news

:-)

Lil Sis Kate said...

Soooooooooo excited about your Beta number and all of the *positive* news!! And remember, sweetie, a woman in your condition needs lots of rest.

Valerie said...

Woohoo! sounds like a great # to me. I love the fact that you have your scan on 4/2 and that is my next consult with the RE. I bet you ass is really happy about no more PIO's. Can wait to hear that your beta is doubling!

Bumble said...

And a great number too. Hooray! Hoping for a beautiful doubling on Friday.

Colleen said...

Yeah Sarah!!! Sounds like an awesome number!!!!
Love,
Foxy

Marie-Baguette said...

Congrats! If I understood you well, this is your first beta. I believe that a first number over 500 means twins... Am I confused? Anyway, I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Tam said...

Congrats Sarah, I am so so happy for you! Praying that those numbers keep going up and up and up!! Yay on no more shots too!

Mands said...

Wooohooo! Exciting isn't it? WIll be checking back for beta and numbers increasing!
You go girl! :-)

Sticky Bun said...

That's a great first beta! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :-)

Rachel said...

Wow, Sarah, that's really great! That's a great number!

serenity said...

GREAT NUMBER!!! Woo hoo Sarah, great news!!!!