May 28, 2007

14 weeks: Baby's First Party

Party #3 down; one more to go. Yesterday's Memorial Day Party is probably the most challenging of the four because it's the longest, most active, and the one where I'd most like to be drinking with everyone else. We survived it though and afterwards, lying on the sofa with J before bed, I'm pretty sure I felt my first kick. More like a little one-two punch, an inch or two below my belly button. Considering how much I LOVE party day, it seemed like the perfect occassion. I've decided he/she was trying to tell me: "Everything's fine. I'm still here. Thank you for that tiny sip from the Machine!"

Next weekend is baby shower #2. Everything is basically all ready. Most of it will be a repeat of shower #1 except in pink instead of blue. So with all the major party stuff out of the way, I will have to come up with some new ways to distract myself from pregnancy. I'm planning to update our photo albums (it's been almost a year), and finish our half-completed album from our trip to Belize earlier this year. But maybe I will also start to embrace it. Or maybe I'll wait a few more weeks. The anatomy scan is in about four weeks. That seems like a good time to start shopping and planning, right?

9 comments:

TeamWinks said...

That's such a fun picture!!!

Sticky Bun said...

Glad the party went well--and how fun that you felt your first movement! So wonderful. Your positive stories give me so much hope. :-)

Tam said...

That's such great news, what a cute pic...

Good luck with the last party, yeah...bring on the shopping!!

Reproductive Jeans said...

Oh I just love that picture! Glad all the partying is going well=)

Matthew M. F. Miller said...

Awesome plate - makes me want to put my own face on something.

Perhaps a coffee mug, or notebook.

Good luck with the final party.

Mony said...

Hi! I am 12 weeks on Friday and have my NT next week. I hope we get a cool picture like yours!

Bumble said...

WOW!! First movement already! Thats so exciting! It must have felt so special. At least now you have another way of knowing is all going well inside there! x

Kate said...

Dude. Your first kick at 14 weeks? What kind of overachiever are you growing in there?

Immediately after the anatomy scan sounds like a perfect time to get in high-gear shopping mode. If you need any recommendations for local baby-related stuff, shoot me an e-mail.

Tinker said...

I'm taking the anatomy scan as my cue to go for it! It's confirmation that the baby is healthy and you'll probably know the gender. For me, it's the point at which I get really excited about a pregnancy knowing that there's a great certainty of a good outcome.