May 22, 2007

Eight Weird Things

Okay, it took me forever to get around to this, until I realized I already did one on myspace last year and I can be super lazy and just copy it over...

1) i am a total freak about having to know what everyone else i'm eating with is going to order in a restaurant before i can decide what i will order. when someone won't tell me, it makes me a little crazy.

2) because of my years working at the gap and having come to see the sale rack as the place for crappy reject items, i don't get the thrill of finding a great bargain the way others do and almost prefer to pay full price.

3) if there were any sort of future in it, i would prefer to be waitressing again. i had to leave it because i kept having visions of myself slinging hash in a diner at age 72 and putting my cigs out in some jackass's eggs, but i really love working in restaurants and miss it.

4) i am sometimes convinced that jack (my dog) can read my mind.

5) i generally dislike salad dressing and prefer to eat my salads without.

6) i HAVE to have a small glass of OJ every morning. if not it's a problem.

7) i am tremendously lazy. i can bring an enormous amount of passion and energy to things i enjoy, but i find it extremely difficult to dedicate any effort whatsoever to things i am not interested in. this is why J and i have reversed the normal chores in our marriage. i am completely uninterested in putting my dirty socks in the laundry basket, so they end up all over the floor and he picks them up. i mow the lawn because it's fun and i enjoy the backyard, but he does the laundry because i find it endlessly tiresome.

8) a couple of days ago i saw an elderly man stand inside his opened car door, unzip, and pee into a margarine container. then he put it on the car floor, UNCOVERED, and drove away. you could probably get away with this sort of thing much better before everyone was sitting up high in their SUVs.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

That last one was hilarious! Thanks for the giggle, I can always use a smile. :)

megan said...

i'm aghast about the dude pissing in the butter tub. uncovered. amazing.
i too used to wait tables. sometimes i miss it, but really i know i couldn't go back unless i really had to. one too many drunk chefs i guess. also, my liver is VERY happy that i'm not doing it any more!

Zephra said...

I don't like salad dressing either. I thought I was the only one. Too tangy.

Erin said...

OMG - I totally feel you about knowing what everyone else is ordering. It takes me forever to decide in the first place, but it helps when my dining companions cooperate and share their orders. I hate having "order envy" so it helps to be prepared! I'm with you on #7, too.

Congrats on your lil nugget! I'm in the 2ww of my 1st IVF and always love to read a success story!

Hopeful Mother said...

OK - that last one is really, really bad...

thanks for making me laugh this morning!

Bumble said...

Holy cow, number 8 cracked me up! And I totally HAVE to know what everyone else is gonna order before I do! And have buyers remorse if theirs looks better than mine! x

Reproductive Jeans said...

Love it! I did enjoy waiting tables too--it is a job that everyone should have b/c you get to meet allll kinds of people!

Baby Blues said...

I need to know what other order too! And I'm also convinced dogs could read our minds. Funny how are unique quirks aren't so unique after all.