June 1, 2007

I loved Bumble's post about buying the little romper for Sureshot and how she brought it home to Mr. Bumble and they both got all teary and emotiomnal and it made it all real for them. This seems like a great idea considering it can be a little difficult to believe in after all the years of disappointment, so I thought maybe I'd give it a try, but still haven't gotten around to it. However, I did get our first gift of baby clothing, this adorable red and white dotted stocking cap from Baby Gap:
My sister found it on the sale rack for 97 cents so clearly it had to be purchased. The due date is about one month before Christmas so it will be a fabulous holiday hat. And when I brought it home to J he did seem to get a little choked up. Of course then he tried to put it on the dog and wear it around himself but there was a tender moment in there somewhere. So cute. I can't wait to have a nursery to put it in.

About that. We have two empty bedrooms. One is the guest room and one sat empty for years as the future nursery. When J quit working a year and a half ago to go to school full time, I snuck in that empty room one day and set up a dorm room for him, complete with girlie pictures from Maxim and all sorts of other testosterony stuff. It became his sanctuary. But it's gotta go. He is done with school for the summer, but finishes up his last three classes in the Fall. We're going to have to share an office for that last semester. I'm just waiting now for him to get motivated to move stuff out so we can start getting the nursery ready. It has to be empty in about two weeks when the nursery furniture arrives. My sister, who is also my next door neighbor, is moving to Boston :(((( and she's decided to hand down her 2 year olds' nursery furniture to us rather than move it and have to sell and replace much of it soon anyway. So I guess we'll have a nursery soon enough. It's been a long time coming! I'll post pictures as it comes along. Happy weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Sticky Bun said...

Cute hat! So fun!

Congrats on the first baby gift. :-) (And, my hubby would have done the same thing. But it's still awfully cute.)

My Reality said...

What a sweet little hat! It will be perfect around Christmas.

The Momcaster said...

hahaha - my hubby would've put it on the dog as well!

it's going to be a very special christmas!

Artblog said...

oooh CUTE! My little nephew would look great in that, only it is sort of summer now, well only sort of, the rain, wind and damp air has me wondering :)

XXX

Tinker said...

That's so exciting! You'll have a real nursery in a very short time. And a very cute hat to put in there.

Valerie said...

I love the hat! So with your sister moving to Boston that means you will come visit right? We will have to get together when you do.

TeamWinks said...

It's super cute, and a bargain!!!

Tam said...

Oh sweet man, very cute hat!! I can't believe that you are almost 16 weeks already!! Bub is growing nicely now.

Nice to have someone help you with the baby furniture, it costs a fortune, can't wait to see the room.

Coffeegrl said...

I'm looking forward to pictures as you get the room set up!

Nicole said...

Such a cute hat.

When we were pregnant for that brief time, we bought a cute little outfit with a big furry moose on it. The moose is my husband'd favorite animal.

Matthew M. F. Miller said...

Yeah, babies always need hats. Constance says it will be great to have a bald man around so we know when baby needs a hat.

Cibele said...

Oh so cute... The only thing I bought when I was pregnant for a very short time was an adorable blanket. Looking back I regret not enjoying more my few weeks of pregnancy. I say... enjoy Sara, YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! IT IS REAL. I can't wait to see the nursery pictures.

Mands said...

heeheehee... our husbands sound very similar!
You know, for the last 9 years we have lived in a three bedroom rented house, to have enough room for when "the baby" arrives.
We have just bought a two bedroom house. One bedroom for us and one for the "baby". Screw the guests :-) Love your blog, love the hat.