July 20, 2007

Fluff

I have all these thinky thoughts rolling around in my head but with everything that's been happening in the blogs lately I just don't feel I can do the big stuff justice right now. So here's a fluff post for a Friday afternoon...

The good pregnancy book (pictured) says things like "It's hard not to get big all over when you're growing another person. Try not to obsess if your butt gets big. What goes up will come down (in time)." Even if they're lying to me I'm fine with it.

The bad pregnancy book says things like: "Pregnant women should consume more phytochemicals by eating more fruit, doubling the normal serving of vegetables, and eating absurd quanitites of radishes, cucumbers, endive, cabbage, and onions. Otherwise you are a horrible parent already." Okay that last part is only implied, but still.

A quick update on Jack: we're still not sure what's going on with the systematic dying-off of his intestines and are still awaiting test results, but he is home with us and recovering well from the surgery. Thanks for all the thoughts and well-wishes.

I'm hoping for good news from all of you in the 2ww or dealing with scary uncertainties. I'm hoping for peace and comfort to all those who have been dealt a horribly unfair hand. My thoughts are with you all.

9 comments:

Sticky Bun said...

ugh, it definitely sounds like you should steer clear of pregnancy book #2!

I hope the House doctors are able to diagnose and treat Jack soon!

Angie said...

I don't like book #2! I hope Jack is better soon!

Sara said...

I hate pregnancy book #2! How horrible. Yay #1!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Jack!

Nicole said...

Our thoughts are with you too, my friend.

My Reality said...

I am hoping Jack is doing better and on his way to a full recovery.

Bumble said...

Ooops, I better get to the veggie fridge, I've been very bad lately with that... Bad parent! So nice to see your ticker flying by!!! You're in the low 100's already! And I feel very close to your little one too x

TeamWinks said...

Just checking in and saying hi!

Debbie said...

I hope Jack recovers quickly.

Mands said...

For the short time that you blogged before falling pregnant, you were (and still are) one of my fave reads.

Thanks so much for commenting on my last post..

My doc explained that I am getting bleeding cysts which means that the endo has probably formed a covering over my ovaries, preventing me from ovulating properly. This may cause problems if I am stimming a whole load of eggs at once, and may be a problem at retrieval. That is my understanding.

Mands xx