July 9, 2007

Halfway

Yikes, I'm in trouble! I haven't been checking in for about a week and I have so many blogs to catch up on it's going to take me forever to get to them all. I'm looking forward to catching up with you all as soon as I can.

Last week my 5-year old neice came from Boston to stay with us. We had such a great time doing loads of fun stuff: minor league baseball game, the zoo, huge fourth of July family picnic, hanging at the pool, playdates, favorite restuarants, getting ice cream. It was a busy week and it sure feels quiet around here now. Not only is she back at home, but Jack (the dog) is back in the vet hospital, hopefully not for a repeat of his surgery in February, but it's looking kind of that way. Poor puppy!

Saturday was my halfway point, 20 weeks. I spent it riding the train with my neice to NYC where we met her mom, did some fun stuff around town, and then they drove off to Boston and I hopped the train back to DC. It was kind of a challenging day physically, and I can say for certain at halfway through, I sure do feel pregnant.

13 comments:

lil sis kate said...

Blue ice cream while wearing a talbots shirt? jk...very cute!! Thanks again for the great week of spoiling. :)

Reproductive Jeans said...

Too cute!

Kate said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I bet having a niece that you are so close with gives you a glimpse at life with your little girl.

Tinker said...

What a great photo! The two of you look like you're having the best time in the world!

Sticky Bun said...

Wahoo! Halfway--that's hard to believe, and so wonderful to hear. And I'm so glad you had fun with you niece!

Carol said...

congrats on being half way there!

Bumble said...

She's lovely, I love the blue ice cream chin! It sounds like you've been so busy, I know the feeling. And 20 weeks, wow! Congrats!

Tam said...

Glad you had a great time, looking good :) Yay for that half way mark, you're getting there! We've missed you :(

K77 said...

1/2 way? When and how did that happen so quickly? I hope puppydog is ok.

Angie said...

Half way is awesome! Hope your doggie is okay.

Cibele said...

You 2 look so cute!!!!!!!!!

Tinker said...

OT: Camping is a great change! You don't really expect to be comfortable, so you're never really let down. Having said that, we've got a travel trailer with a queen bed. It's not as comfy as my bed at home, of course, but a good mattress pad and a couple of fluffy pillows worked just fine. Besides, I was so tired at the end of the day that I probably noticed any sleeping discomfort less. The change of scenery alone could have been sufficient distraction.

Watson said...

Congrats on 20 weeks, that is a great milestone to reach and I am so happy for you!

Hang in there, you're doing GREAT!!