August 3, 2007

For Fun

Click to view my Personality Profile page

It was fun coming across this on a couple of blogs this morning. I used to teach Myers Briggs and now occasionally use it in my work. My results haven't changed at all in the last 15 years since I first took the test, and they are very much in line with my purpose in blogging (to inform others irl and to share with all of you bloggers). It makes sense that my blog has been very public from the beginning, and that my style has never been heavily introspective or cathartic, rather more oriented around putting the infertile experience out there, from the medical processes to the emotions, with the intention of supporting the infertile community and informing the fertile world around me.

From the test website: "ENFPs are introspective, values-oriented, inspiring, social and extremely expressive. They actively send their thoughts and ideas out into the world as a way to bring attention to what they feel to be important, which often has to do with ethics and current events. ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. ENFPs are described as creative, resourceful, assertive, spontaneous, life-loving, charismatic, passionate and experimental."

This makes me sound MUCH more perky and chipper than I am, but otherwise rings mostly true.

And for even MORE fun, here's my husband, my complete and total opposite:

Click to view my Personality Profile page

"ISTJs are responsible, loyal and hard working. They have an acute sense of right and wrong and work hard at preserving established norms and traditions. Because of their deep sense of duty they are dedicated to everything they do and are very dependable. ISTJs care deeply for those closest to them."

This is totally J, and I'm so lucky to have him. Sounds like the makings of a great dad too, doesn't it?

7 comments:

tipsymarie said...

This is my same result! From the first time I took it about 10 years ago until now. I guess it's a good test!

Sticky Bun said...

So funny! This was the first time I took this (though I've always kind of wanted to). And, I was an ENFP, too! I always knew we had something in common. :-)

KarenO said...

Thanks for the link! I'm off to check out my results :)

Angie said...

Thanks for the link!

Lil Sis Kate said...

Sooooo funny! We always knew you two were opposites, but I had no idea it could be quantified and graphed!

Kate said...

Me, too. My N, F and P percentages are nearly identical to yours, but my I is quite a bit lower (only 53%). I know they say this doesn't change much throughout one's life, but I feel that I would have been a really high introvert 10 years ago, and I have become much more extraverted since then. Still, it appears that I am sitting pretty close to middle ground. Thanks for sharing this!

KarenO said...

And now that I've read more about these tests, your baby is very lucky to have two such wonderful parents - you're cut out for the job :)

"ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. " And that description fits you like a second skin ;)

Thanks for always leaving such a warm, motivating comment on my posts - I appreciate it so much!