September 20, 2007

Quick Update

* I might be a little over-extendeded. Yesterday I ran up a curb on the side of one of our major highways going pretty fast. Sitting on the side of the highway while my husband came to my rescue and changed my flat was one of the most relaxing moments I've had in a while.

* As the above might suggest, my blood pressure check today was not impressive. 151/100--my worst yet. I was sent directly back to the hospital for monitoring, where again it dropped back down to more acceptable levels as I lay in the bed for a few hours. Baby looks great and all other labs are normal, so this is probably just a case of pregnancy-induced hypertension, and not the scarier pre-eclampsia. They will continue to monitor me regularly to make sure it doesn't get worse, but they don't seem too worried.

* In addition, I have to do a 24-hr pee test, where I collect ALL of my pee in a 24 hour period and then drop off the whole big refrigerated jug of it for analysis. Having a giant collection container around kindda reminds me of the IVF cycle, and I find it weirdly reassuring.

* We had a fun moment in the hospital. We'd been there for hours waiting for the OB to finish a C section before he could discharge me. We were alone in triage and J was getting agitated. Practicing my parenting instincts, I said "Go see what you can do with one of those rubber gloves." See photo above. It was taken moments before the OB walked in. I couldn't believe he didn't stop when the door opened, but he couldn't hear it with the glove over his ears. The doctor was standing there grinning at him when he took it off his head, and said "I've obviously left you all waiting WAAAY too long!"

* I GET TO GO TO BOSTON!! Check in with you all when I get back!

20 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I had just finished reading your previous post when this one popped up! What a relief! I'm so glad nothing too scary is going on and that you don't have to cancel your trip!

The glove story/pic made me laugh out loud. I hope J doesn't get too bored while that bag of pee is in your fridge :)

Valerie said...

So happy you get to see your sis and family. I am also glad you and baby are doing well.

Tinker said...

Yay for Boston! I'm sure it'll be better for your BP than lying on your left side at home agonizing about not being in Beantown.

Rachel Inbar said...

I'm so glad you get to go to Boston :-) I'm sure your niece will be so happy to see you!

I love the glove picture!

Rachel (btw, my email is rachel at fertilitystories.com)

Sticky Bun said...

That picture is pretty awesome. :-) And I love that the doctor saw it. hee, hee.

So glad you can go to Boston! Have a great time and enjoy the beautiful weather! It's going to be so nice in New England this weekend! :-)

JJ said...

Glad you get to go to Boston! Have a great time!!

Rachel said...

Yeah for getting to go on your trip.

I would have been mortified if my husband did that, and I so know he would.

Have a great trip!

My Reality said...

Have fun in Boston and keep J away from the gloves!

Anns said...

um, just do me a favor and LABEL the giant jug of yellow juice in the refrigerator lest someone think it's lemonade and take a sip..

eww.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there, just 9 more weeks to go!!!

KarenO said...

Glad you're doing ok, and that your blood pressure got back to normal after that flat wheel episode. I hate things like that happening to me!

tipsymarie said...

Your pic is hilarious! Glad you get to visit your sister and hope you have a great time!

peep said...

How funny! Have a great time in Boston!

~Denise~ said...

Found your blog through a google alert I have set for preeclampsia and other related conditions. I'm a two time PE mommy. Glad to hear things are looking up, but please do keep an eye on how you are feeling. Wishing you a smooth remainder of your pregnancy.

Denise

Bumble said...

Hey you! 60 days to go! Sorry you're having a few BP issues but glad its nothing too serious. Hope you're enjoying Boston and your sis and adorable littly. Your hubby made me cackle out loud! I wonder whether mine will do that for me during labour if I ask nicely?? xxx

TeamWinks said...

Ha ha! After my lap, my husband was busying himself in the same manner. Guys are just too funny!

Angie said...

Hope you have a great time in Boston! I'm glad to hear you and your baby are doing well!

Watson said...

That photo is HI-larious, and thank God your hubby was there with a sense of humor to lighten the mood!

I'm so sorry about the blood pressure issues, take good care, k?

XOXO,
Watson

Sara said...

That pee test does not sound fun. However, your hubby sounds like several liters of fun, which makes up for a lot, I think.

Have a great trip!

megan said...

yea! i'm so happy that you were able to get to boston. that is good news. i can't wait to hear how it was, though i'm sure it was just wonderful.
it's so great that all is well with you and baby too. very happy news. the pee collection sounds like a just a bit of a pain though. . .

Queila said...

Have fun in Boston!!! I am sure being around your family will do you good! :)

Q