October 29, 2007

Admitted

quick update from the hospital - I was sent over for monitoring by the peri this morning after an especially high BP (160/110). They have decided to admit me overnight to do another 24 hour urine collection to check for protein. A full panel of bloodwork came back completely normal, so if there's no protein I'll probably be discharged tomorrow afternoon. My blood pressure has remained pretty high all day despite the medication I started last week though, so an induction sometime next week (37 weeks) is still likely.

It was very weird going home and getting our stuff together to come over here. We knew there was a chance of induction. The peri told the on call to check everything and if she had any concerns to just go ahead and deliver. I am so not ready for that. I know i'm taking the whole pregnant infertile disbelief thing to extremes given that i know an induction in the next two weeks is likely, but I just still can't believe I (me!) might actually have a baby. I'm still working on buying inyo this whole pregnancy notion. Luckily it sounds like I've got at least a few more days to get used to the idea.

And I can't wait to go home. Its so uncomfortable in this bed, not to mention boring. I didn't get to eat or drink anything all day until around 3pm in case I had to be induced or anesthetized. Now I have these weird inflatable cast things on my calves which are plugged in and puff up and down to prevent clots. The only upside is maybe now I'll have some time to catch up on your blogs.