January 27, 2008

Piper's Favorite Thing




As you can pretty much see from these crappy stills grabbed from a video, I put her in a full bath and let her float on her back. My hand is just there to keep her from turning her head side to side too much and getting a face full of water. She floats up to the tub wall and kicks off gliding backwards like you might do in the pool. She'll do this over and over again, laughing herself silly. It's basically a horizontal version of those jumpy seats you hang in a doorway, but when she really gets going her arms start working and she looks like she's practicing her backstroke.

My favorite thing to do in the bath: lean back and feel my back fat create a suction against the back of the tub. Ewwwwwww. As such I've decided to join My Reality in her weight loss challenge and have added it to my sidebar. Not that I'm doing much to make a dent in it. Maybe I should be working on my backstroke.

Two notes: The bath water is not green, it's a reflection of the lime green paint on the walls. And close observers may notice her belly button looks a little weird. It's an umbilical hernia. If you press lightly on it you can feel (and hear) the intestines and juices squishing around. Freaky.

13 comments:

Valerie said...

Aww she looks like she is having a blast! I love the fact that you have lime green paint in your bathroom. That is one of my favorite colors.

My Reality said...

Look at her go!! She is so cute! If she likes the water so much, maybe you could take her to baby swimming classes. I have a friend who took her little boy and he goes right underwater and loves it.

Glad you are joining me in the challenge!

Angie said...

Aw, so cute! Rylan absolutely hates bathtime, you're so lucky!

TeamWinks said...

She looks so thrilled! Love it!

Good luck on your weight loss challenge. Last year I lost 50 pounds, and know how tough it is. Hang in there!

Kate said...

Oh, she looks like she is having a blast! I love the last photo, with her tongue sticking out in excitment! I am totally going to try this with Baby (up until now, I have only bathed him in the little baby bath thingie).

I am joining you for the challenge! Now the trick is to figure out how to actually accomplish this. Any ideas?

Furrow said...

Oh, wow! that does look fun. We'll have to try that with Zora. She likes bath time, but so far it's just been lounging on the safe bather pad thingy.

You'll have to get Piper into swim lesson as soon as you can. We can join a class at 6 months around here.

Debbie said...

OMG!! Cutest thing EVER~!!

ultimatejourney said...

She's adorable!

Artblog said...

Adorable isn't the word, she's more than adorable :) XXX

Watson said...

OH MY GOD!!

You are so right -- the likeness between Piper & Parker is amazing...it's self-serving to say this I know, buy she is just adorable!!

What cute pics!

And I love Reality's idea, baby swimming lessons would be so great :-)

Sticky Bun said...

She is really ridiculously cute. :-)

And, you know I heard once that infants were born with a swimming instinct that they lose after a few months. Maybe you're helping her keep her love of water. :-)

I hope all continues to go well! How is balancing work?

Marie-Baguette said...

So cute! are you thinking of taking her for baby swimming class? My Hubby wants to do it, but I am terrified!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

The joy on Piper's face is so precious and infectious.

I am SO happy to hear that all of you are doing well.

XOXO