January 3, 2008

Two Months

Got more to say than time to say it, but here are a few notes:

-At the two month checkup today, Piper weighed in at 9 pounds, 15 ounces. This brings her from the 3rd percentile for weight (4 pounds 12 oz at birth) to the 60th!

-Thank GAWD because breast feeding is NOT easy, so at least this makes it feel rewarding (she would no doubt have grown just as well on formula, but at least I don't have to worry that she's not getting enough).

-Giving shots to a two-month old is absolutely HORRIBLE. I can tell they still hurt and my heart breaks for her, but on the upside she's sleeping a LOT today.

-A few weeks after we brought her home, we got a letter in the mail from our insurance provider informing us they have changed our benefits and will now be covering IVF. Hahaha...aha..ha...ahem. I have decided to overlook the fact that their idea of a good joke would have been a lot funnier thirty thousand dollars ago, and instead feel relieved about coverage for number two, whenever we get there.

-I'm back to work as of today. We'll have to see how it goes easing back in, but I work from home so I'm lucky not to have to leave her all day. Presumably I'll be spending more time in front of my computer, which of course means keeping up better with the blogosphere. Aren't you so excited?! Hello? Anyone there??

Hope everyone had a great holiday and LOADS of good wishes for the New Year!!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are back. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't feel that breastfeeding is easy.

Good luck starting back to work!

Sticky Bun said...

SO glad you're back and that you and Piper are doing well!

Best of luck heading back to work. I will be interested to hear how that goes and how you're balancing it.

And...can't believe the insurance thing. It's great news, of course, but would have been even better about 11 months ago. :-)

Bumble said...

Welcome back! And happy 2008! I've been wondering how you were, and so happy to hear you're both doing so well. Can't believe your littly is 2 months old already! Dying to see some updated pics... ;-)

Tinker said...

Wow, you've done a fantastic job growing your little one! Way to go Sarah and good job Piper!

serenity said...

Welcome back! So happy to hear that Piper is doing well, yay for the weight gain!

And erm yeah. HA about the insurance. Glad you have #2 covered, at least, right?

:)

Valerie said...

Insurance companies are so funny. Good job on Piper growing. Welcome back to work even if work is no fun.

TeamWinks said...

That's great news for if/when the time for number two comes around!

JJ said...

Best of luck getting back into the work routine! And umm, wow--that insurance news...humpf. But you're right--better to have it covered for next time=)

Rachel Inbar said...

That's an amazing leap in terms of weight. Very impressive :-)

Glad to see you blogging again!!!

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad everything is going well! Good luck with the back-to-work transition.

Kate said...

Wow, what a growing baby. You are doing an amazing job, Sarah! Congrats.

I hope the transition to work goes well. It is definitely a bonus to work from home, but it is still not easy. I hope you find the balance easily. I have two weeks left before going back--and DREADING it.

Now let's see some new pics!

Queila said...

Still here... :)
I really feel for you guys having to go back to work after only six weeks. I have 40 weeks maternity leave and it just seems so unfair!

Anyways, it was great to hear from you.

I completely understand how you feel about breastfeeding. It is not easy but it is so rewarding to see the numbers on the scale going up, isn't it??

Q