October 4, 2008

Happy Eggspiration Day!

Yesterday I turned 35. I called my clinic to make an appointment for a consult but of course there is some administrative hoopla that has to happen before I am reinstated and can get in. My hope is to get the initial consult, financial crap, and testing done this Fall, not think about it over the holidays, and get ready to start shooting up in 2009. I just want these next few months to be about Piper's first birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas without having to divide my thoughts and time between her and the clinic. But the clock keeps on ticking and the desire to have another go at it before my last egg shrivels is growing.

9 comments:

My Reality said...

Yikes!! 35. You are old. :)

I think it sounds like a great plan. Who knows, if you are cycling again in the new year, we could well be cycling together again.

Tinker said...

Sounds like a good plan. And most docs will tell you that once you've had one your odds for the next are significantly better, so don't worry too much about the downslope getting steeper -- it's a theoretical one that applies to a population not necessarily individuals.

Furrow said...

Best of luck! I'll be following along. I can't believe my baby cohorts are already at it again. It's another year for me. I hope my eggs hold on.

stickybun07 said...

Happy Birthday! It's both scary and exciting to think about jumping in again. But hopefully this time will be filled with none of the angst and all of the happiness.

stickybun07 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Inbar said...

35 is arbitrary. Don't bother giving it a second thought.

Rachel (just had a baby 2 months before my 39th birthday)

Cibele said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a great plan

TeamWinks said...

You have a lot of exciting things coming right up!

Kate said...

Big YAY to not having to think about any of this over the birthday-thanksgiving-christmas extravaganza season. Hope the consult goes well. I will be thinking of you.