October 14, 2008

In the last 10 days...

* Celebrated my birthday

* Lost my last living grandparent

* Sent invitations for Piper's first birthday party

* Attended a 20 year reunion for my old summer camp

* Which happened to be across a river from where I got married

* Made an initial consult appointment to get back to IVF

This sort of intersection of events, seemingly engineered to give one perspective on our scope of time on earth, feels more like some cheesy Nicholas Sparks type novel than real life. In other trite observations, I keep mistyping my appointment with Dr. Chang next Tuesday as with Dr. Change. Oh yes and today is CD1.

10 comments:

stickybun07 said...

wow. First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your grandparent got to meet Piper and hope that there was no suffering.

That is a LOT of life changes for a week and a half! How are you holding up?

And...a YEAR? Really?? Wow.

I hope you're taking some time for yourself to absorb everything. Keep us posted! We'll be thinking of you.

serenity said...

Wow. A lot of change in a very short time, huh? I'm so sorry for your loss...

Dr. Change. I like that. :)

Valerie said...

Well happy belated birthday, I am sorry for your loss and wow Piper is really almost one?

megan said...

so much on your plate right now! i'm sorry there is some sadness mixed in there.
happy belated birthday to you and early to Piper -- i can't believe it's been a year! we need more pictures! good luck with Dr. Change, too!

My Reality said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope Piper makes it easier on you all.

Kate said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry about the loss of your grandparent. What a combination of events in such a short time span.

Artblog said...

Sorry too, that's always really hard§

Happy belated birthday too, hope you had a good one :)

Rachel Inbar said...

That is a lot. Wow.

I lost my last living grandparent in 2000 - and he was the only one who lived to see great-grandchildren, even though my parents were fairly young (my mom was 48 when Hadas was born).

Congratulations to Piper (and to you, of course). How exciting.

I hope things go well with your appointment!

scarredbellybutton said...

Wow, busy times. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Happy birthday!

JJ said...

Im so sorry about your loss, Sarah...thinking of you and your family.

Also, wishing you the best for your brave decision to hop back on the IVF train-will be cheering for you!

Happy belated birthday!