January 25, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!


Wow, you guys are great! Thanks so much for all the encouraging words! Things do look a little better today. E2 has taken a tiny jump up to 322. Nowhere near the ideal 150-200 per follicle, but then we're still growing those suckers. Today they measured five per side, ranging from 8-15mm but mostly around 10-12mm. I do seem to have slow and steady working for me, and it's a HUGE relief not to have to worry about the potential work conflict anymore since I will certainly not trigger before Tuesday night and probably after.

I do see the positives, but it still sucks to hear the nurse say she's not surprised my response is so much lower than last time given that my eggs are two years older. I liked last time. I want another last time. Can someone please stop the clock from ticking? Meanwhile another milestone passes as we ring in the Lunar New Year.

So I'm off to a day of meetings tomorrow and I'll be wearing my super comfy maternity pants since I'm still not back into my old suits. Hope it's not a jinx! Best luck to all in the year of the ox.

11 comments:

Thalia said...

slow and steady sounds just fine. Hope they keep it up.

Kate said...

You know, even though your last cycle was very different and looked more successful than this one at this point in time, remember the whole 7% chance of ICSI rescue? Those were some slim odds, but the result of those odds is running around the house right now, with those pretty blue eyes and rosy cheeks. I guess what I am saying is, you just never know--so don't give up too soon. I have a feeling there will be an Ox baby in your house. :)

mekate said...

slow and steady sounds fine to me too-- sounds like you have lots of follicles in the game, and that is a great response, even it if is slower than you hoped for. If you figure out how to keep the clock from ticking, let me know! Good luck!

Maredsous said...

I don't know, I still say 10 follicles is a good thing.

You are responding, that is all you really need to have happen.

Wishing you all of the luck in the new year!

My Reality said...

You last cycle wasn't slow and steady, but it was bumpy as hell. And it turned out ok. This one can, too.

littlebitofsomething said...

so far so good lady! slow is stead is a-ok!

sometimes it's the road that's a real ass-kicker that brings the greatest reward. keep on keeping on.

Tam said...

My doc says that the slower your E2 levels rise, the better. I'm still here sweetie, rooting for you as always!! Have faith and if you can't, we will.

Much love and hugs xxx

dreamsandfalsealarms said...

keep on keepin' on.

Lindsey said...

Glad to see you posting prolifically again. :)
I love the updates, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you do get another last time.

Tam said...

Just checking in again....waiting for updates...hope all is going to plan!!

Big hugs xxx

stickybun07 said...

Echoing everyone else, it's true you never know. So here's to hope, that tricky mistress. :-)