January 1, 2009

Here we go...again


In the big box:
5 vials 450iu Gonal F..........$1792.50
10 vials 75iu Menopur........$ 659.00
Lupron 2 week kit...............$ 199.00
10,000iu IM HCG...............$ 39.90
20 50MG PIO (ugh!)...........$ 57.75*
60 tablets 2MG Estradiol....$ 15.75*
2 500 MG Azithromycin......$ 16.99*
Grand total........................$2780.89

See what I paid in 2007 here. I did slightly better then with no insurance and taking advantage of discount programs than I did this time around with prescription benefits, paying over $200 less for the Follistim I used in place of the Gonal F. Only the drugs marked with an asterisk were covered (which actually may have been the case in 2007 too).

Protocol:
On BCPs through 1/10
20iu Lupron each morning from 1/8 through CD 2 or 3 (around 1/16)
After CD2-3 Lupron evaluation, drop to 5iu Lupron each morning plus 225iu Gonal F and 75iu Menopur each evening.
ER estimated around 1/27, ET around 1/30-2/1

We've got to show up and sign consents in person in the next week or two and then we're ready to start bruisin the belly. This is going to be super attractive on top of the stretch marks.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

14 comments:

Jamie said...

Your retrieval will be about two weeks after mine. I start Bravelle and Menopur on Friday. I can't believe how quickly it is going...

I hope we are both in the "lucky" bunch this go round. :)

My Reality said...

Wishing you lots of luck with this cycle!

Valerie said...

Oooo wishing you tons of luck,I can't wait to follow your journey again.

Kate said...

I have no doubt that you will have the cutest bruised stretch-marked belly around. :)

Kahla said...

I found your blog through Kelly's, just wanted to wish you luck with your cycle. May 2009 bring you a tiny miracle!

Rachel Inbar said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Tinker said...

Hoping for the best! You'll be looking at an October baby and I know this off the top of my head only because you'll be transferring around the same time I did two years ago. Fingers crossed!

motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

wishing you all the best. Happy New Year!!!

Coffeegrl said...

Good luck! How scary and exciting all at the same time.

Furrow said...

I'm excited to follow your journey. Good luck.

AshPash said...

How very exciting! Sending good wishes. I will try to keep up with your progress!

Cibele said...

good luck and thanks for your support

Mrs G said...

Best of luck. I can't beleive it is so expensive though! How long will all that last?

Looking forward to this new journey. Best wishes!

stickybun07 said...

SO exciting...and crazy, huh? I am really hoping for you. And it looks like I'll probably be 2-3 months behind you, so I'm looking forward to and hoping for your trailblazing again.