January 9, 2009

Playing Doctor

I was supposed to start Lupron yesterday but I've decided to hold off for a couple of days. I have a really important work meeting - a pitch for new business we really really need - scheduled for right around my estimated ER date. I feel pretty confident messing around with the schedule because I sort of unintentionally screwed it up to begin with. I called my nurse and told I was on CD1 and she prepared the protocol based on that day, but it turned out to be a false alarm, just a bit of spotting, and CD1 was two days later. When I told her that she said it didn't matter much and rather than redo the whole protocol she wanted me to just stick with the original one. I'll go ahead and take the not-really-extra two BCPs, which I happen to have because it took me a week to get around to picking them up so I started them late anyway (how cavalier we get after a successful cycle!). That should put the next CD1 back two days, so it makes sense to me that I'd start Lupron two days later right? Of course with all the variables in there (how long until CD1, how long I need to stim) I'm not really in charge of anything but I'm going to pretend I am and hope for the best with this meeting! Lupron starts tomorrow - oh joy!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think those adjustments make perfect sense. I'd totally let you be my doctor. I hate those tricky CD1s--and the question of is it, is it not...

Good luck with the meeting!

Furrow said...

I think many IFs have earned their metaphorical white jackets.

My Reality said...

Adjust away, and when you need medical advice later on, you can just ask the internet. We all have a degree in Dr. Google!!!

Tinker said...

There were days I felt like I knew more than my RE, so I'm sure everything will fall into place.