February 25, 2009

It's a Boy!


Isn't he adorable? My sister delivered the little guy yesterday morning so Piper and I are headed to Boston and can't wait to see them all. I will probably be away from blogs until next week but will be thinking of you guys and crossing fingers and toes for everyone cycling.

Is it the economy? The waiting room at my clinic has been empty lately. Usually when they call my name, at least one other Sarah gets up and we have to check last names. Monday and again today I was the only person there at all when they called me back.

Beta is 4529. My nurse said they were looking for a minimum of 4500 so once again we eek by with incredible mediocrity. At this point though it's clearly an increasing number and that's enough for me. I can do a scan any day next week and believe it or not I don't mind at all waiting until Thursday when J can go with me. I know, nutty. We'll see what we see when we see it.

9 comments:

littlebitofsomething said...

yay for baby! and yay for beta!

have a great trip to enjoy your new auntiehood. and yes, you might be just a wee bit crazy to be so cozy waiting until thursday but then again i think it helps to keep your head screwed on when you're calm like this.

Valerie said...

He is adorable! So you are coming to visit huh? One of these days we have to meet when you are here. Glad to see the beta is rising, can't wait for your scan.

stickybun07 said...

Aw! Congrats, Auntie! And enjoy the trip to Boston.

As for the beta, so glad to hear it's rising! Irritating that this little one is staying distractingly close to the edges, but let's just assume this is a sign of how s/he'll test your patience over and over again.

Btw, you're my hero with how calm you are! You'll have to teach me your ways if I get there again. :-)

Grade A said...

What an adorable nephew you have!! Have fun on Boston, but be forewarned...it's still cold here! Glad to see you are holding on to your sanity. Hope you and Piper have fun with the new sprout.

Callie said...

What a little sweetie!

Glad to hear the beta's are behaving!

My Reality said...

Congrats on your new nephew! And I am so happy that beta is rising nicely.

mekate said...

Sarah your number sounds great to me- it's going up! And your nephew is gorgeous. The weather up here is all different kinds of sucky- have a very safe trip.

Tinker said...

How wonderful that your babies have a cousin so close in age!

Your betas may not be rising spectacularly, but they're in the right ballpark and that's all that matters.

Cibele said...

congratulations, what a precious baby boy, what a wondeful beta!