February 20, 2009

No Beta

Thanks to all who have checked in on me; there will be no repeat beta today since I woke up to a crib full of baby puke for the second day in a row. I can't leave Piper with her friends as planned and get them sick too so I'll just go in tomorrow when J will be home. As I said to the nurse in my voicemail, I assume with those big doctor brains they can still figure out if my levels are rising as they should after an extra day.

Endometrin? NOT a fan. ICK. Crinone was messy but this is ridiculous. It's like I've constantly peed my pants. And I pee Mylanta. A liner is not enough, it takes a whole pad. Several a day. After this first box I may even use up my leftover PIO.

Lesson of the day: blueberries may make the baby vomit slightly more attractive, but they will also stain the sheets.

**Updated to add: weekend bloodwork appts are saved for cycling patients so i have to wait until Monday for an hcg appt. argghhhhh.

12 comments:

littlebitofsomething said...

ok, perhaps i spoke too soon when i said you were lucky to be off PIO, that does not sound fun at all. good luck tomorrow and i hope piper gets better soon. poor thing.

Myrtle said...

I'll be on Endometrin and when I look online to find out about it, there was practically nothing. I heard it was supposed to be less messy, too. Good to have a little warning that they were wrong. I guess I'll be buying pads whether AF comes or not! I hope the baby feels better! Here's a gross story for ya. I had the flu once when I was little and took pepto. Puked peach. While it made being sick less disgusting, I now hate the color peach and won't wear it or have it anywhere in my house! Blech!

My Reality said...

Fine. I will wait till Monday.

I hope Piper is better soon.

TeamWinks said...

Mooooonday, but I don't want to wait that looooong!

Ok, I'll quit whining.

I don't miss my days with Endometrin, but I was too much of a baby to try PIO.

mekate said...

Oh Sarah- so sorry about Piper, and sorry too about the wait. Two days can feel a while lot longer when waiting for something like that. I hope you stay well, and thanks for the head's up on the big pads- if I am lucky enough to get that far I'll have to get some. Sending warm wishes your way.

Maredsous said...

Monday it is. I am on Endometrin right now, too. I just wonder how it really gets to where it needs to go. I still think I would like it better than PIO. I can't imagine doing that daily. OWWW!

Grade A said...

I hope Piper is feeling better and sorry about the wait. Wait, wait, wait. You'd think we'd be good at it by now. I'll be tuning in on Monday. Have a restful weekend.

dreamsandfalsealarms said...

Yeah--I'm not a fan of gushy undies. I endure PIO because at least what comes out of my girl parts is more manageable.
Sorry for the puke fest!

Rachel Inbar said...

I hope Piper feels well soon. The pessaries I used were pink, which made me think I was bleeding all the time. Not fun. OK. They were actually meant to be oral tablets (which is why they didn't consider the color) and I'm guessing it was a fairly new use at the time - this was over 13 years ago.

Faith said...

Ugh, so sorry Piper is sick! Hope she's better today.

littlebitofsomething said...

good luck tomorrow!

Red said...

You poor things, sick kids are no fun (for themselves or for Mummy). Hope she gets better soon and Monday goes well for you.