February 4, 2009

The Shuffle: Take Two

The thing about having been pregnant is that I know what it feels like. Seeing as how implantation wouldn't even happen until maybe today or tomorrow, and since I'm shooting up mass quantities of the same hormones that cause all the symptoms in a natural pregnancy, I know better than to read anything into this, but I do have a few faux symptoms already. The crazy dreams, the charlie-horse leg cramps, all manner of twitches and cramps down there, and this.

So once again to pass the time, the infertility version of the shuffle game. Set your music player to shuffle. Skip through your randomized playlist, and each consecutive song that comes up is the answer to the following questions in order:

1. The song for the you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility:
Kissin' by the Mistletoe - Aretha Franklin (haha, the good ol' days!)

2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
Sailin' on to Hawaii - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (i guess this means what's gone is gone)

3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
Obviously 5 Believers - Bob Dylan (those godawful days of dashed hopes and broken dreams)

4. What did infertility do to your sex life?
Crabbuckit - k-os (ewwwww. but really, if you listen to the song, the crab keeps trying to climb out of the bucket but never gets anywhere...sigh)

5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
Star Eyes - Bill Evans (don't care for stars in my eyes, i'd rather just see the truth)

6. How about "alternative" treatments, from cough syrup and pineapple to accupuncture and 'body workers'?
Take Me As I Am - Wyclef feat. Sharissa (i'm mostly* against these things)

7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet?
Here I Am (Come and Take Me) - Al Green (yep, all the way out)

8. Your song for other people's baby showers:
Get Down Tonight - KC & the Sunshine Band (i can get down with a baby shower. i like to throw them so i don't feel like the infertile freak in the room)

9. What about our scary friend hope?
Canary in a Coalmine - The Police (don't really like the sound of that...)

10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey:
The Underdog - Spoon (well i sure was last time with the rescue ICSI! great song by the way, i'll take it!! "You got no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive..." a little scary, but actually this is a good theme song for me. i'm all about low expectations and preparing for the worst - better to be happily surprised than crushed. i could not survive IVF if i had the "just think positive" attitude. barf)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with, so copy and repost with your own songs! Now how can I kill the next 30 minutes??

*Okay full disclosure: I DID eat pineapple. I HAD to! I had eaten it with Piper so I couldn't not this time, right?! I'm almost certain it makes no difference at all, but if I get that BFN I just don't want to wonder....

6 comments:

t said...

i had the crazy dreams like... well, crazy starting right after my transfer. dreams that made me wonder if perhaps i might be better suited as a crash test dummy moderator.

i'm thinking uber sticky thoughts for you while you wait. just saying.

Maredsous said...

That is awesome. I am rushing to my playlist right now to find out what it has in store for me. Pineapple? I totally missed the pineapple bandwagon. I actually hoping to have a low antral follicle count so that I could go on the "fertility diet", take DHEA, get acupuncture and have massages. My own twist to this mix was to try an increase my hormones by having more sex for fun. My hubby was all on board for this idea, but sadly we only have a few days to exercise it. Hey, if it doesn't hurt, doesn't cost a lot, and increases the positive attitude what the hell.

Chelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck! Sending sticky thoughts your way!

Myrtle said...

Ah #5. I can't tell you how many acorns I have around my house because someone told me they are a fertility good luck charm! BTW, you stopped by my blog the other day and I took your suggestion about the shot and it worked great! No problems! Thanks!!

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. And pineapple? Next time!

Red said...

Awesome game. Thinking of you, best of luck.