February 18, 2009

Thank You

Another crazy dream. This time, that the hpt would change depending on what Piper was eating. Over the course of the dream I noticed that if she ate cheerios or these strange gigantic frosted cartoon-like o's I would get a bfp but if she ate anything else it would be negative. At 4am she woke up in pain from the 12 teeth that are coming in all at once (after six months of having just two) and I used my usual trick, handing her a pretzel stick and going back to bed (works for us both everytime). Except this time I couldn't sleep because since she wasn't eating o's I just knew the beta would be bad.

It was 589. A little higher than Piper's on this day (512) and pretty solidly in the singleton range. Thank you so much for all the congratulations and well wishes. It's been so wonderful to have you my friends, old and new, checking in and cheering me on. Thank you thank you.

So I've taken my last PIO and not a moment too soon. After a couple of good weeks with it after getting the spot right, I had a couple that were just awful. Last night's was pretty close to crippling. Instead of the Crinone I used last time, I'm on Endometrin caplets which are certainly easier and less messy. I wasn't overjoyed with the disclosure in the info sheet that efficacy hasn't been established in women 35 and over, but I bet this is the case with all the progesterone support. Anyone else had experience with Endometrin? The stuff is pricey: $160 for a 10-day supply. If all goes well and I take it for the next five weeks, that's $560. Maybe we should have just had sex afterall.

18 comments:

Maredsous said...

Oh thank goodness. When you had been out of contact I was worried. Yeah! that is totally awesome. I told you, you are my inspiration. I am so happy for you!!!

littlebitofsomething said...

yay for the crazy dreams and yay for the great beta!

as for the PIO, i'm so jealous. my clinic keeps us on daily IMs until 10 weeks post transfer. ugh.

I'm just so happy to have "met" you. keep up the good work and enjoy all the complimentary joy and nausea you can for the next little bit!

lostintranslation said...

Congrats on a great beta! Hope you'll have a wonderful and rather uneventful pregnancy with many more crazy and beautiful dreams.

Kate said...

A pretzel stick? That is brilliant. Like the regular thin one or one of those chunky kind?

Huge yay to the end of PIO. And of course, a much bigger yay to the beta. I will buy you a nine-month's supply of cheerios. :)

So what's the EDD?

Sara said...

Awesome! That's a good beta!. And hooray for finishing with the dreaded PIO.

TeamWinks said...

I have several boxes of endometrin hanging out in my closet right now. I took it for the first nine weeks of pregnancy, because we used donor eggs. (No corpus luteum of pregnancy = no progesterone produced by my body = need for support.) Let me know if you need some. (armsforanangel@yahoo.com)

I found that wearing a small pad helped with the extra discharge it created. I was told to lay flat after insertion for ten minutes to allow it to absorb. Broke my heart! :-) I will say that after about six weeks the added moisture took its toll on my girly bits. Air out when you can, trust me it pays off.

Becky

Rachel Inbar said...

Hilarious dream :-)

12 teeth at once. Gosh... That really doesn't sound fun.

Great beta :-) I'm so happy for you!

Callie said...

So happy to hear that the beta's continue to look good.

My doctor uses Endometrin only - no PIO shots at all. After reading the insert, I asked him specifically about the fact that efficacy hadn't been proven in women over 35. His answer was that that was a function of the study design rather than a lack of results in that age group. I sometimes still wonder since it seems like almost everyone else uses PIO, at least in the beginning stages; however, his clinic has some of the best stats (including among women over 35 like moi) in our region, so for now, I'm trusting that the endometrin in OK. Truth be told, I'm not missing the bum shots, but then again, if this round doesn't work, I'll probably insist on it next time just to hedge my bets.

Anyway, congrats again!

Valerie said...

Wonderful beta.I am so happy for you guys.

Furrow said...

I've been away for a while, so what a nice surprise to see that you got that positive! Hooray!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!

I'm on the endometrien too. That must be the hot new thing.

Jamie said...

Congratulations!

I'm on the endometrien too. That must be the hot new thing.

dreamsandfalsealarms said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grade A said...

I've been checking your blog constantly-I'm so glad to see all is well. Thank you for your kind words; you hit the nail on the head: I am excited, nervous and really still in disbelief. It's great to have a cycle buddy!

My Reality said...

Great beta!!!

And pretzel sticks work?

Cassandra said...

Here from LFCA to say congratulations! Best wishes for this pregnancy.

Tinker said...

Oh the crazy dreams, how they can mess with your head!

RE: your comment on my comment.
Yes, my betas were low. My RE's clinic even said that they were low for a singleton (yet I've got two babies to show for that one). If you're interested in reliving my angst, skim some of my archived posts starting from February 16 2007.

Artblog said...

WHOOP, WHOOP! SOooooooo excited for you too ;) Hope the rest runs smoothly for you my love :)
xxx