February 3, 2009

Two for The Third


Today, February third is my husband's birthday. My birthday is also on the third (October) and so is Piper's (November). ER with Piper was on 3/3. So I always say the third is our lucky day. I hope I don't have to pick a new one.

At first my RE thought we might transfer three but when he got the updated progress report and they looked a little better than they had in the morning he suggested two: a 6-cell grade 1 and a 5-cell grade 3. The conversation he had with the embryologist was a little odd, made it sound like a bit of a crapshoot: "Eh, let's take those two. No how 'bout those two?" They didn't actually say that but it just all sounded very subjective. I like to imagine all sorts of high tech science involved. Beta is scheduled for 2/18, or 18 days past ER. I'm guessing I'll poas around 2/15, or 12dp3dt. I'm mostly against pee sticks but I just don't like to get the news from a random stranger over the phone. I'd rather be prepared.

And lastly, good news: Last night we figured out the PIO! I knew we were doing something wrong because it was just so much worse than before. We had the wrong spot, too close to the middle. Going further out closer to the hip made a HUGE difference. I won't say it was fun but it was really not a big deal and that spot is not sore today (the other two still are). To all my fellow IVF graduates thinking about going back...DO retake the injection class!

16 comments:

Your Husband said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mekate said...

YAY! You look so peaceful in the photo. I am so hopeful for you! (And I swear, so MUCH of this is a crapshoot it is unnerving to say the least)--- Glad you figured out the PIO and most of all, Good luck and Happy Birthday to your sweetie.

Kate said...

Love the picture (that sweater looks soooo warm and cozy). That conversation sounds very much like what my husband would say, and then I'd get offended and he'd say sorry and I'd say, 'but you always do that,' and he'd say 'not always'--and eventually we'd agree that we both want the same thing, just one of us thinks of that particular thing a lot more than the other does.

Good news on the PIO, hope it continues to be 'not a big deal.'

Grade A said...

Yippee, Sarah. You look full of joy in your photo. This whole process really IS a crapshoot, so try not to let the RE's comments bug you. I'll be thinking of you on the 18th (my blood test day too, as you know). Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

t said...

Oohwee! Welcome on board to the little guys. Let the implantation commence! Good luck with the wait. I'm so happy to hear the PIO is going a little easier. I'm sure your arse thanks you as well.

Oh and Happy birthday to the boy-o!

My Reality said...

Hoping the third stays lucky for you.

I am glad the PIO isn't soooo bad.

sacredandscarred said...

3 is a lucky number for me too. Good luck!

stickybun07 said...

I'm glad the two looked so good. And that the PIO is going so much better.

Now we'll just have to keep you distracted until beta/poas day. :-)

Tinker said...

I sure hope the third continues to be lucky for you! I'll be on pins and needles waiting to hear the result, so please don't delay updating any POAS you might be inclined to do, okay?

As for selecting embryos, I still think about how our outcome might be different if the RE or embryologist had selected different ones. I'm pleased to bits to be having just one more girl, but if I had insisted on using our two blasts instead of the two day-3s we transferred, we might have a very different life.

And thanks for sharing the photo; I love looking at pictures. Are you seriously on the table at your RE's?

Rachel Inbar said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

dreamsandfalsealarms said...

Divide and implant little ones!
I always make my husband reread the instructions, and we get the biggest cirucle possible--PIO is enough of a PIA!

Furrow said...

Feb 3 of two years ago was when our successful IUI took place. Here's hoping there is magic in that date for you, too.

And that is a lovely photo.

Red said...

3 3 3 - Sending lucky 3's your way!

Lorraine said...

Here's hoping that those two plus all those threes will equal four for you! Best wishes!

Tam said...

Well done, I hope the 2ww flies by and those pee sticks have only good news for you!!! Happy birthday to your hubby!!

Big hugs xxx

Maredsous said...

Wow! That is fantastic for someone who thought they were not going to respond. I have to admit I totally missed all of your excitement. I am so happy for you. Everything is in place and going well. Cheers to you.