March 2, 2009

Three Three: Updated

The ultrasound is tomorrow morning, March 3rd. The anniversary of the Piper's ER. We had the first u/s with her on what would be today of that cycle and we saw a heartbeat. I know that was early, so I'm trying to prepare myself not to be too alarmed if we don't see it this time, since we seem to be just behind on everything else this time around. Hopefully 3/3 will continue to be a lucky day. I could really use some good luck.

Updated to add: we saw an egg sac, a yolk sac, and a healthy little 120 bpm heartbeat. Instead of a grain of rice, this time it looked like a tiny lentil bean. At some point I'm going to have to believe this is really happening. The RE who came in to monitor the scan said "So you're batting two for two, pretty great odds." Indeed. I know there will be bloggers out there who, even if they hoped for the best, figured I was due for a turn at failure. Let me put your mind at ease: so did I.

Next step: another scan next week then graduation to the OB.

20 comments:

Valerie said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow

Lorraine said...

Threes and luck just go together - best wishes to you!

Tinker said...

We had our retrieval for the twins on the third (of February, mind you), but I'm actually posting to thank you for reminding me that it's our anniversary tomorrow -- a date we chronically forget, perhaps because we chose it while drinking rummy umbrella drinks on a Jamaican beach.

Coffeegrl said...

Speaking from halfway around the world where 3/3 is just wrapping up - it was a great day. Hope you get more of the same!! :-)

Kate said...

Today? I thought it was Thursday! Oh my, now I will be on pins and needles all day. Please, little one, show your beautiful heartbeat to mom and dad.

stickybun07 said...

So, a few things:

First and most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well and that your little one showed off for you.

Second, I assume your booking every appointment from here on out on the 3rd, no? I sure would!

Third, I'm pretty sure AF must be on her way because I literally read this and got all choked up and started to tear up while waiting online at the coffee shop. I mean, I know I'm pulling for you and all, but I don't cry in public under normal circumstances. :-)

SO happy for you. Come on, l'il lentil!

Thalia said...

fantastic news, so pleased to hear all looking so good.

Rachel Inbar said...

I couldn't be happier for you!

Furrow said...

Just saw the update. Hooray!

My Reality said...

Wahoo!!!!

Red said...

Yay! Congratulations.

Not everyone gets a 'turn' at failure, and you have hardly had an easy route getting here anyway.

I hope for the best for you.

Grade A said...

Wonderful news! Three is obviously a lucky number for you. I am feeling the same "not real just yet" feelings.
Thinking of you.

mekate said...

YAY! Great news, happy bean, so very very happy for you!

dreamsandfalsealarms said...

No one is due a turn at failure--this is all for keeps, for all of us!
Congratulations!

Tinker said...

The third certainly is lucky for you! I hope things continue well.

lostintranslation said...

Congratulations, that is great! It must be quite a relieve. Hope the good news sinks in soon! To celebrate a bit, I gave you two blog awards: the Sisterhood and the Honest Scrap Award. Do with them what you like... :-)

motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

What terrific news! Thinking great thoughts for you!

~Kari

Kate said...

Woo-hoo! Go Lentil. Given your luck with 3s, I don't see why you couldn't be betting three for three a couple years down the road, no? ;)

Kalina said...

Hi Sarah, I saw a link to your site on Lostintranslation's page.
Congratulations on your brilliant news! Very happy for you.

littlebitofsomething said...

finally back and catching up on everyone. congratulations lady! good luck this week with your next scan.